Monday, April 30, 2018

Guess the movies from the taglines: Z

Blogging from A to Z Challenge
(Click here for my theme reveal.)

Tagline... you're it! 

I'll give the taglines, you guess the movie titles.


Hint #1: today's movies start with the letter...


(Spoiler alert: these are linked to the IMDb list of taglines for the movie.)


Theater 1
3% body fat. 1% brain activity.

Theater 2
They're going to save the world... as long as they're home for dinner.

Theater 3
There's more than one way to lose your life to a killer.

Theater 4
The gave all they had to save all they could.


Another hint coming up...




Hint #2: The taglines belong to these movies...

A. Zodiac (2007)
C. Zoolander (2001)
D. Zoom (2006)

(Not all movies referenced during this challenge are quality films, but I appreciate their witty taglines.)

Answers coming up...




Answers:
Theater 1: C
Theater 2: D
Theater 3: A
Theater 4: B

How did you do? Have you seen any of the movies? Which one is your favorite? Which tagline is your favorite?

I've seen The Zookeeper's Wife and Zoom. 

My favorite of the taglines: 3% body fat. 1% brain activity.

My favorite of the movies: The Zookeeper's Wife. (Click here for my review.)


14 comments:

  1. I've seen "Zoolander," which was actually kind of enjoyable. Two hours of mindless entertainment. Best movie I've seen with a name that starts with "z" is, oddly enough, "Z", a French movie from 1969 (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0065234/).

    Congratulations on finishing the Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen Zoolander, but I could go for some mindless entertainment now. I looked at the link you included for the movie "Z"... and it looks interesting. I will add that to my list of movies to see.

      Delete
  2. The Zookeeper's Wife was a good film. Haven't seen the others. Tagline for Zoolander is great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed The Zookeeper's Wife. I'd like to read the book sometime, too.

      Delete
  3. The Zookeeper's Wife looks great. I haven't seen it yet but it's on my list. Weekends In Maine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a good film, I hope you get to see it soon. Thanks for your visits and comments!

      Delete
  4. Ha! I guessed Zoolander from the first clue. The only time the whole challenge (since I found you) I've been able to do that. Nicely done. Congrats on finishing.

    Janet’s Smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations for guessing Zoolander AND for finishing the challenge!

      Delete
  5. The only one I got was Zodiac - very intense and scary movie with two of my favourite actors, Robert Downey Jr and Jake Gyllenhaal. Have really enjoyed your theme and well done on getting to the end of the month.
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zodiac looks good... but maybe a bit scary for me. Maybe sometime when I feel brave, I will watch it.

      Thank you for your visits and comments!

      Delete
  6. Trudy,

    I did horrible with these because I have not seen any of these films. Of course, if I had I'd probably still get some wrong. Congrats on finishing the A2Z challenge. Your theme was a fun one, introducing me to or and reminding me of movies I've seen. Here's to another successful year! Have a great week, my friend!!

    ~Curious as a Cathy
    A2Z iPad Art Sketch 'Z' for Zinnias

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cathy! I appreciate your visits and comments. It's wonderful to finish. I'm glad you enjoyed my theme.

      Delete
  7. Hi Trudy, I really enjoyed following and playing along with Reel Focus during the Challenge. I looked forward to seeing what films you'd come up with and had fun guessing the taglines. Now that I've had a little time to catch my breath after the Challenge, I'm looking around your blog. I like what I'm seeing and signed up to follow by email. Thanks, and best to you in your writing! Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue! I am behind on everything right now, due to a move. Your blog is definitely one I will visit as soon as I get situated. Your reviews during the challenge were wonderful!

      Delete