Thursday, April 19, 2018

Guess the movies from the taglines: Q

Blogging from A to Z Challenge
(Click here for my theme reveal.)

Tagline... you're it! 

I'll give the taglines, you guess the movie titles.


Hint #1: today's movies start with the letter...


(Spoiler alert: these are linked to the IMDb list of taglines for the movie.)


Theater 1
He traded in his three-piece suit for a ten-speed and the streets.

Theater 2
Fifty million people watched, but no one saw a thing.

Theater 3
In this town, you're either one or the other.

Theater 4
Tradition prepared her. Change will define her.


Another hint coming up...




Hint #2: The taglines belong to these movies...

A. The Queen (2006)
C. Quicksilver (1986)
D. Quiz Show (1994)

(Not all movies referenced during this challenge are quality films, but I appreciate their witty taglines.)

Answers coming up...




Answers:
Theater 1: C
Theater 2: D
Theater 3: B
Theater 4: A

How did you do? Have you seen any of the movies? Which one is your favorite? Which tagline is your favorite?

I've only seen The Queen and The Quiz Show.

My favorite of the taglines: Fifty million people watched, but no one saw a thing. But I like the way In this town, you're either one or the other ties into the title... you're either quick or dead.

My favorite of the movies: Out of the two I've seen... The Queen. I also read the screenplay.

12 comments:

  1. I've only seen "The Queen," and thought it was superb. Since one of my "q" words was, in fact, "quiz show," I should probably see that sometime...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helen Mirren gave a wonderful performance as the queen. It was, as you said, superb.

      Delete
  2. I haven't seen any of these either. Guess I'm a bit behind in my movie watching!

    Janet’s Smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watch quite a few movies, and I still feel behind. There are so many I miss!

      Delete
  3. Hi Trudy - the only one I recognised is "The Queen" - you're doing well with these - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hilary! Have you seen the movie The Queen? Did you live in London during that time period, when Princess Diana passed away?

      Delete
  4. Aw, I haven't thought of Quicksilver in a long time. Love Kevin Bacon. Weekends In Maine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never seen Quicksilver and had forgotten all about it until I was researching for the letter Q. Sounds interesting!

      Delete
  5. I'm with you. I like the tagline for Quiz Show best, which is my Q blog post coincidentally!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your review of Quiz Show was wonderful. I've enjoyed following your A to Z posts!

      Delete
  6. I guessed them all correctly - yay! I haven't seen any of these, to be honest. I just test well. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good job on the guessing! "I just test well." To me, that would be like a superpower!

      Delete