Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Guess the movies from the taglines: U

Blogging from A to Z Challenge
(Click here for my theme reveal.)

Tagline... you're it! 

I'll give the taglines, you guess the movie titles.


Hint #1: today's movies start with the letter...


(Spoiler alert: these are linked to the IMDb list of taglines for the movie.)



Theater 1
You won't come up for air until it's over!

Theater 2
Some things are only revealed by accident.

Theater 3
1,000,000 tons. 100,000 lives. 100 minutes.

Theater 4
It's not a dead end if it takes you somewhere you needed to go.


Another hint coming up...




Hint #2: The taglines belong to these movies...

A. U-571 (2000)
B. Unbreakable (2000)
C. Unconditional (2012)
D. Unstoppable (2010)

(Not all movies referenced during this challenge are quality films, but I appreciate their witty taglines.)

Answers coming up...




Answers:
Theater 1: A
Theater 2: B
Theater 3: D
Theater 4: C

How did you do? Have you seen any of the movies? Which one is your favorite? Which tagline is your favorite?

Another tough letter for movies and taglines. Titles are so similar... un-this and un-that... it's hard to keep them straight.  I've seen U-571 and Unbreakable.

My favorite of the taglines: Some things are only revealed by accident. Fits the movie perfectly

My favorite of the movies: Of the two I've seen, U-571 is my favorite, but I really liked Unbreakable too.

8 comments:

  1. I can't remember, but I think I've seen "U-571." The fact that I don't remember says something, I think...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fact that you don't remember can speak volumes. Unless you have a memory like mine. Sometimes I don't even remember what I watched over the weekend!

      Delete
  2. I've only seen Unbreakable out of these four. Tagline is just right for this really fascinating film.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unbreakable received some bad reviews when it came out, but I found it intriguing.

      Delete
  3. Trudy,

    The only 'U' movie, we've watched is "U-571" and I don't remember a lot about it. I thought, maybe, we'd seen "Unstoppable" but I'm not sure now. It looks like the kind of flick we would enjoy, though. "Unbreakable" sounds potential and I'll keep an eye out for it to show up on Netflix. "Unconditional" is on Netflix but I'm not sure it captures my imagination enough to watch. We'll see after I watch a trailer. Thanks for sharing and for visiting!

    ~Curious as a Cathy
    iPad Art Sketch 'U' is for Umbrella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like you, I've noticed "Unconditional" is available on Netflix but haven't watched it... Something else always sounds better. Maybe I should give it a try.

      Delete
  4. You stumped me on all of these. I don't think I've seen any of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for stumping you. ;-) I've only seen two of them, and might watch the others soon.

      Delete