Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Guess the movies from the taglines: O

Blogging from A to Z Challenge
(Click here for my theme reveal.)

Tagline... you're it! 

I'll give the taglines, you guess the movie titles.


Hint #1: today's movies start with the letter...


(Spoiler alert: these are linked to the IMDb list of taglines for the movie.)


Theater 1
When you weigh four tons, it's hard to be a secret weapon.

Theater 2
She was having a perfectly bad day... Then he came along and spoiled it.

Theater 3
They have a plan, but not a clue.

Theater 4
He's one cell of a guy, and his partner's a real pill.


Another hint coming up...




Hint #2: The taglines belong to these movies...

B. One Fine Day (1996)
D. Osmosis Jones (2001)

(Not all movies referenced during this challenge are quality films, but I appreciate their witty taglines.)

Answers coming up...




Answers:
Theater 1: C
Theater 2: B
Theater 3: A
Theater 4: D

How did you do? Have you seen any of the movies? Which one is your favorite? Which tagline is your favorite?

I've seen all four. 

My favorite of the taglines: He's one cell of a guy, and his partner's a real pill. (Clever tie-in to the story.)

My favorite of the movies: O Brother, Where Art Thou? And One Fine Day comes in second. Both star George Clooney, but don't read anything into that (okay, well, maybe...)!

8 comments:

  1. Haven't seen any of these. Sorry...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Movie titles beginning with the letter O didn't give many options, so it was slim-pickins for clever taglines.

      Delete
  2. Hi Trudy - films I've never heard of ... but I do enjoy the tag lines - Dumbo was obviously Theatre 1 ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about the unfamiliar films. There weren't many to choose from for the letter O.

      Delete
  3. I've seen O Brother, Where Art Thou? and One Fine Day. I like the tagline, They have a plan, but not a clue. Fits the film well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed O Brother, Where Art Thou? and loved the soundtrack so much I bought the CD. The tagline definitely fits.

      Delete
  4. Trudy,

    'Oh Brother, Where Art Thou" is the only flick among these that I've seen. George Clooney does a fabulous job in it. I once met Nathan Best (formerly of The O'Jays) and he mentioned his involvement in the movie somehow, either he was one of the grave diggers or it was his vocals only. I'm not sure but when I met him, he was serving as a pastor of a local church.

    A2Z iPad Art Sketch of a big-eyed owl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting! That would have been a fun movie to be involved in, I would think.

      Delete