Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Guess the movies from the taglines: P

Blogging from A to Z Challenge
(Click here for my theme reveal.)

Tagline... you're it! 

I'll give the taglines, you guess the movie titles.


Hint #1: today's movies start with the letter...


(Spoiler alert: these are linked to the IMDb list of taglines for the movie.)


Theater 1
Not your garden variety hero.

Theater 2
The story of an underdog. And his dog.

Theater 3
Having a wonderful time, wish I were here.

Theater 4
What he really wanted was to spend Thanksgiving with his family. What he got was three days with the turkey.


Another hint coming up...




Hint #2: The taglines belong to these movies...

A. The Peanuts Movie (2015)
B. Peter Rabbit (2018)

(Not all movies referenced during this challenge are quality films, but I appreciate their witty taglines.)

Answers coming up...




Answers:
Theater 1: B
Theater 2: A
Theater 3: D
Theater 4: C

How did you do? Have you seen any of the movies? Which one is your favorite? Which tagline is your favorite?

I've only seen two of the four (The Peanuts Movie and Planes, Trains & Automobiles). I hope to see Peter Rabbit soon.

My favorite of the taglines: They are all witty, so it's hard to choose. What he really wanted was to spend Thanksgiving with his family. What he got was three days with the turkey. 

My favorite of the movies: Maybe that's my favorite tagline because Planes, Trains & Automobiles is my favorite of the movies. I caught an edited version on television and laughed myself silly.

10 comments:

  1. The only one of these I've seen was "Planes, Trains and Automobiles," and it wasn't an especially pleasant experience. I watched it with my family, who had seen it about a thousand times and knew it so well they spent the whole time saying "oh, you'll love this, this is a riot!" If they were trying to ruin the experience, they couldn't have done a better job of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't like that either! Ugh. When I saw it for the first time, I was with some family members who hadn't seen it either so we had a great time laughing together Made the movie even more fun.

      Delete
  2. I've seen Planes, Trains, and Automobiles. A favorite of mine; classic John Hughes film. Also saw Postcards from the Edge. I think the tagline for that one is the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tagline for Postcards from the Edge -- "wish I were here" -- intrigues me enough to make me want to see the film!

      Delete
  3. I haven't seen too many of these movies although did see Planes, Trains and Automobiles years ago. I remember it being funny. My favorite tag line from your list is the one from Postcards from the Edge. Weekends In Maine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Planes, Trains, and Automobiles is pretty funny. Steve Martin and John Candy. Wonderful comedians. (I miss John Candy!)

      Delete
  4. Trudy,

    Planes, Trains, and Automobiles is one of our favorites. We watch it every Thanksgiving weekend. We never tire of seeing, either. The other films I wasn't familiar with so I bombed big time on them. Thanks for sharing and for the visit yesterday!

    Curious as a Cathy
    A2Z iPad Art Sketch Quaint Living room

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My family uses quotes from Planes, Trains, and Automobiles. A favorite, "Those aren't pillows!" Fun times.

      Delete
  5. Planes, Trains and Automobiles was so funny. I'm thinking I need to see Postcards from the Edge.

    Janet’s Smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I want to see Postcards from the Edge.

      Delete