Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Guess the movies from the taglines: J

Blogging from A to Z Challenge
(Click here for my theme reveal.)

Tagline... you're it! 

I'll give the taglines, you guess the movie titles.


Hint #1: today's movies start with the letter...


(Spoiler alert: these are linked to the IMDb list of taglines for the movie.)


Theater 1
Passion. Ambition. Butter. Do you have what it takes?

Theater 2
He knows no fear. He knows no danger. He knows nothing.

Theater 3
His name's not mud... but it's close.

Theater 4
Do you like fish? Well, he likes you too...


Another hint coming up...




Hint #2: The taglines belong to these movies...

A. Jaws (1975)
B. Joe Dirt (2001)
C. Johnny English (2003)
D. Julie & Julia (2009)

(Not all movies referenced during this challenge are quality films, but I appreciate their witty taglines.)

Answers coming up...




Answers:
Theater 1: D
Theater 2: C
Theater 3: B
Theater 4: A

How did you do? Have you seen any of the movies? Which one is your favorite? Which tagline is your favorite?

I've seen all of these movies.

My favorite of the taglines: Do you like fish? Well, he likes you too... (Is it wrong if that one makes me laugh?)

My favorite of the movies: Jaws would be top choice, but my nerves can't handle watching it again! So, if it's movie night and I have to choose from these four titles, I choose Julie & Julia.

6 comments:

  1. I've seen all but "Johnny English." My favorite of the four is "Joe Dirt," which as I remember was actually a pretty good story and not just a vehicle for David Spade. I like the way people rallied behind him at the end, especially Dennis Miller's character, who had been treating him as a joke up to then.

    I thought "Julie and Julia" was all right, particularly the parts that showed Julia Child's story. Meryl Streep did a very good job of Julia, even though the real Julia was about eight inches taller. That's casting for you: Lee Child's Jack Reacher is a foot taller than Tom Cruise...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julia Child is about 8 inches taller than Meryl Streep? Wow! I didn't know she was so tall.

      If I want to get my husband riled up and on a soap box, all I have to do is mention the casting of Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher. He's read all the books and rants, "Cruise doesn't come close to the size of Reacher!" Along with other gripes about the character differences. Luckily, I haven't read the books, so I can just enjoy the movie.

      Delete
  2. Loved Julie and Julia. I've seen Jaws too so those two were familiar but the other two I couldn't get. Seems like I'm 50/50 most of the time but I definitely need the film titles to help me. Nice pick for the A to Z!

    Janet’s Smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably should have set this up as more of a "Match the Taglines to the Movies" but I had most of the posts ready before I thought to do that.

      Delete
  3. Adored Julie and Julia. Hadn't heard that particular tagline for Jaws. Funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't heard of that tagline for Jaws, either, until I looked it up. It hit me so funny!

      Delete