Monday, April 8, 2019

Guerdon (reward)

Blogging from A to Z Challenge

Theme: Why I watch movies (as if I need a reason)...

Guerdon (reward)
storyblocks.com image

"You can watch a movie as soon as you complete this task!" That's what I tell myself when I procrastinate a dreaded chore, or when I tackle a hefty project.

Movie-time motivates me. So does food... (if you followed my 2017 A to Z posts about Food in Film, this comes as no surprise)... but I digress...

Some undertakings (like the April A to Z Challenge) need a bigger reward than one movie. I'm talking movie binge day! I might include some of the films you've mentioned in comments this month!  

What's your favorite guerdon? What do you reward yourself with after finishing a big task?

4 comments:

  1. Oh, definitely Netflix series. I like to reward myself with 30-45 minute episode so I don't get completely lost in bingeing. I'm almost done with Anthony Bourdain's Unknown Parts and I will be sad when I'm at the end. Such a great series.

    Great posts so far! Keep up the goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Susan ... Ah, yes. Netflix is a good reward. I'm glad you are enjoying the posts! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Currently my reward is more of an old season of Law and Order! My son found the disks for $2. I have to vacuum first!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Lisa ... What a bargain for those disks! Hurry... vacuum like the wind and move on to the reward!

    ReplyDelete