Friday, April 5, 2019

Escape

Blogging from A to Z Challenge

Theme: Why I watch movies (as if I need a reason)...

Escape!

storyblocks.com image

My head gets full of chatter. Worries, nonsense, grocery lists, to-dos, don't forgets. So, sometimes movies provide an escape.

Picture a monkey in my brain making all kinds of monkey noises -- EE OO OO EE OO. The movie starts and the monkey becomes distracted -- Huh? Oooo Oooo Oooo -- the chatter stops. Lost in a story. Quiet settles over the jungle of my brain. AAAAaaaahhhh.

When you need to escape into a movie, which genre(s) do you turn to? (I'll reveal my genre preference in the letter L post.)

8 comments:

  1. Gentle, cosy, comforting, satisfying movies for me. Aliens, monsters, gun-wielding nasties, and James Bond, definite no-no's!

    My A-Z of Children's Stories

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Keith ... Agreed! I have a hard time "escaping" if I watch aliens, monsters, or gun-wielding nasties! (What a great phrase!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a mystery and love the English stories like Downton Abbey. They really take me to another place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Janet ... Oooo yes! Downton Abbey is great. I like lots of the British programs and movies, especially the Jane Austen movies on BBC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am really enjoying your theme of why I watch movies. Fun to think about. I will watch such a wide range of movies that it's difficult to pick just one genre to escape to. But I like watching comedies with a strong female leading character, so I'll go with that (example: Legally Blonde).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trudy,

    I guess it all depends on why I need to ESCAPE. Generally, I prefer action/adventure movies to entertain me but I do enjoy a good laugh to elevate my emotions. If the comedy is good then my spirit is enlivened again!

    Thanks for joining me for my A2Z art sketch in my The Little Mermaid series E is for Eric!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Suzanne ... I'm glad you are enjoying the theme. And thank you for your comments!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Cathy ... You're right, the reason for escape influences the movie choice. Who wants a high chase thriller when trying to escape stress, right? hahaha!

    ReplyDelete