Thursday, December 21, 2017

Day 21 - Help the hungry.

December 1 thru December 25 I am posting about movies which reflect each day's focus for #LightTheWorld.

Day 21

"For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat." (Matthew 25:35)


I've already mentioned Les Misérables in previous posts (here and here), but I can't help but think of it again for today's focus. Jean Valjean goes to prison for stealing a loaf of bread to help his sister's child, near starvation. Then after his release from prison, he comes close to starvation again. A kind Bishop provides shelter and a meal, but more importantly, gives Valjean a second chance at life.

Today I will donate nonperishables to a local food bank.

1 comment:

  1. That scene in Les Miserables always brings a tear to my eye! The kindness of that bishop is overwhelming and changes the course of Jean Valjean's whole life. What a great example for the day's Light the World challenge!

    ReplyDelete