Monday, December 18, 2017

Day 18 - Forgive.

December 1 thru December 25 I am posting about movies which reflect each day's focus for #LightTheWorld.

Day 18

"Forgive men their trespasses." (Matthew 6:14)


Three of the most powerful words in Cinderella (2015) come at the end when Ella tells her villainous stepmother, "I forgive you."

In the movie Take (2007), Ana Nichols (Minnie Driver) harbors anger and resentment toward Saul Gregor (Jeremy Renner) for the pain and suffering he caused... for what he took from her. Several years pass before she recognizes that the bitterness is destroying her life. "I forgive you," she tells him, "I have to forgive you."


Trailer: Take

Today I will forgive.

4 comments:

  1. Forgiveness can make for a powerful movie theme. I can usually forgive pretty easily and when the other party isn't interested in the process of forgiveness and reestablishing ties then I can easily forget. When I don't, the burden of anger or whatever becomes something that nags on me.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. Please accept my apology that I didn't see it until today! I'm sorry about that.

      And you are right, forgiveness is a powerful movie theme. Some of my favorite movies center around that.

      Delete
  2. This post makes me think of this quote. “To carry a grudge is like being stung to death by one bee.” —William Walton.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that quote. I also thought of one that goes something like, "Resentment is like swallowing poison and expecting the other person to die." (attributed to several people, including Carrie Fisher and Nelson Mandela)

      Delete