Saturday, December 16, 2017

Day 16 - Care for those in need.

December 1 thru December 25 I am posting about movies which reflect each day's focus for #LightTheWorld.

Day 16

"[I was] naked, and ye clothed me." (Matthew 25:36)


I couldn't think of a movie that fits the literal translation of this verse, and trust me, I did not want to search the internet for anything connecting movies with nakedness! Yikes. So I chose to use another meaning of the word naked: exposed to harm, unprotected or vulnerable.

With that definition, I think of Wonder (2017). Entering a mainstream school for the first time, Auggie Pullman (Jacob Tremblay) is extremely vulnerable. Born with facial deformities, some kids tease and mock him, but others gradually gravitate to his good-naturedness and clothe him in friendship. 

Liongate Movies Trailer: Wonder

Today, I will care for and clothe others by donating clothes to a local thrift store.

No comments:

Post a Comment