Sunday, December 10, 2017

Day 10 - Search the scriptures.

December 1 thru December 25 I am posting about movies which reflect each day's focus for #LightTheWorld.

Day 10

"Search the scriptures." (John 5:39)


There's a wonderful scene in Pollyanna (1960) when she tells the minister how her late father (also a minister) wanted to find the good in people, and searched the scriptures for "glad passages"... the happy ones like "shout for joy" or "be glad in the Lord"...

POLLYANNA (Hayley Mills)
There are 800 happy texts, did you know that?

REVEREND FORD (Karl Malden)
No, I didn't know that.

POLLYANNA
Yes, well there are. And, you know,
my father said, "If God took the trouble
to tell us 800 times to be glad and rejoice,
he must have wanted us to do it."

Today I will share a scriptural phrase that lifts me when I am down. It comes from Psalm 30:5 "...weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning."

Life is full of ups and downs, downs and ups. I find strength to endure tough times or depression when I remember the darkness will not last forever... joy will come again.

No comments:

Post a Comment