Saturday, April 30, 2016

Zee End.

Blogging from A to Z Challenge.
Theme: Making movie lines our own.

Zee End

(Read like a phony foreign accent, "Zee End.")

We are at "zee end" of the 2016 A to Z Challenge, so here are some favorite last lines -- lines at "zee end" of the film.

Gone With the Wind (1939)...

SCARLETT (Vivien Leigh)
Tara! Home. I'll go home, and I'll think of some way
to get him back! After all, tomorrow is another day!


JOHN L. SULLIVAN (Joel McCrea)
There's a lot to be said for making people laugh!
Did you know that's all some people have?
It isn't much, but it's better than
nothing in this cockeyed caravan! Boy!


The Quiet Man (1952)

MICHALEEN FLYNN (Barry Fitzgerald)
No patty fingers, if you please. 
The proprieties at all times.
Hold on to your hats.


BUTCH CASSIDY (Robert Redford)
Oh, good. For a moment there, 
I thought we were in trouble.


The Sting (1973)

HENRY GONDORFF (Paul Newman)
You not gonna stick around for your share?

JOHNNY HOOKER (Robert Redford)
Naah. I'd only blow it.



DR. EMMETT BROWN (Christopher Lloyd)
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.



MOSES (Bill Cobbs)
And that's the story of how Norville Barnes
climbed waaay up to the forty-fourth floor
of the Hudsucker Building, and then fell
all the way down, but didn't quite squish
hisself. You know, they say there was a man
who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? 
But that's another story...


Spider-Man (2002)

PETER PARKER (Tobey Maguire)
Whatever life holds in store for me, 
I will never forget these words: 
"With great power comes great
responsibility." This is my gift.
My curse. Who am I? I'm Spider-Man.


The Help (2011)

AIBILEEN CLARK (Viola Davis)
God says we need to love our enemies.
It hard to do. But it can start by telling
the truth. No one had ever asked me
what it feel like to be me. Once I told
the truth about that, I felt free. 
And I got to thinking about all the
people I know. And the things I seen
and done. My boy Trelaw always said
we gonna have a writer in the family
one day. I guess it's gonna be me.

16 comments:

  1. Excellent ending to the Challenge! Trudy, I have really enjoyed these wonderful quotes and your funny family stories. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Luana. I'm glad you enjoyed the posts!

      It feels good to complete the challenge. Now maybe I'll have time to watch some movies and prepare for next year! :-)

      Delete
  2. FUN ending post! Congratulations on completing the challenge!
    @ScarlettBraden from
    Frankly Scarlett

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I had fun with this year's theme.

      And thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on making it to Zee End!

    My favorite last line is from It's a Wonderful Life...

    Zuzu Bailey: Look, Daddy. Teacher says, every time a bell rings an angel gets his wings.
    George Bailey: That's right, that's right.
    George Bailey: [Looks heavenward] Attaboy, Clarence.

    @WeekendsinMaine
    Weekends in Maine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely...wonderful last lines. Thanks for sharing that!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am currently reading Gone With The Wind!! Good finish! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Feels good to finish, huh!

      (I've never read the book. Do I dare ask which is better...book or movie?)

      Delete
    2. I've never seen the movie! So I can't answer!!

      Delete
  6. Good quotes! Scarlett's has got to be the all time classic:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A classic line from a classic film, for sure.

      Thanks for stopping by!
      (Sorry I didn't see your comment sooner.)

      Delete
  7. Thanks for sharing. There are a few movies I've never seen, and I'm always looking for good movies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing. There are a few movies I've never seen, and I'm always looking for good movies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I selected one from each decade, starting with the 1930s. It was tough choosing!

      When I come across a good movie I always plan to post a review, but I'm waaaay behind.

      Delete
  9. Just stopped by to say hey. Congrats to all for crossing the A-Z finish line.

    ReplyDelete