Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Quirky Lines Quiz

Blogging from A to Z Challenge.
Theme: Making movie lines our own.




Quirky Lines Quiz

How many movies you can identify by these quirky lines? (Answers at the bottom.)

And since we're on the topic of quirky, it seems appropriate to start with...

1. No. You're quirky. Quirky and weird are two different things.

2. You got to put your behind in your past.

3. I pretended that baseball glove was a bicycle, and rode it to school every day. True Story. 

4. A hotdog is singing. You need quiet while a hotdog is singing?

5. Take this quarter, go downtown, and have a rat gnaw that thing off your face! 

6. (singing) Spider-pig, Spider-pig. Does whatever a spider-pig does.

7. This ain't a bridge. It's termites holding hands!

8. Hey...I've been turned into a cow. Can I go home?

9. How many cups of sugar does it take to get to the moon?

10. You're out with a guy, you find him attractive, and suddenly everything he says sounds brilliant. Hairy legs are your only link to reality.

11. Nobody knows [my last name]. Do you know why? Because my character isn't important enough for a last name, because I'm gonna die five minutes in.

12. You've been so good to me... well, except that time you fed me spiders.

13. I haven't done laundry in six months. One pair lasts me four days. I go front, I go back, I go inside out, then I go front and back.

14. I'm packing you an extra pair of shoes, and your angry eyes, just in case. 

15. I'm not crazy, I've just been in a very bad mood 40 years.

16. But pretty soon, a woobie isn't enough. You're out on the street trying to score an electric blanket, or maybe a quilt. And the next thing you know, you're strung out on bedspreads.

17. Was that a tear? How do you people do it? Do you poke yourself in the eye? Or are you thinking right now "My dog is dead"?

18. I got it! Your daughter's not your daughter, and the cash that used to be the jewels is now your underwear!

19. Visitors... Do you mind if I fetch my teeth?

20. Over the years I got to be quite a connoisseur of soap. My personal preference was for Lux, but I found Palmolive had a nice, piquant after-dinner flavor -- heady, but with just a touch of mellow smoothness. 

Bonus Question:
What memorable line of movie dialogue begins with the letter Z? (Hey! I need help, okay?)

1. Runaway Bride (1999), Peggy Fleming...not the ice skater.
2. The Lion King (1994), Pumba 
3. Bolt (2008), The Agent 
4. You've Got Mail (1998), Frank Navasky
5. Uncle Buck (1989), Buck Russell
6. The Simpson's Movie (2007), Homer
7. Funny Farm (1988), Mickey (mover)
8. The Emperor's New Groove (2000), A guard
9. A Goofy Movie (1995), Goofy
10. Return to Me (2000), Megan Dayton
11. Galaxy Quest (1999), Guy Fleegman
12. Maleficent (2014), Princess Aurora
13. Big Hero 6 (2014), Wasabi
14. Toy Story 2 (1999), Mrs. Potato Head
15. Steel Magnolias (1989), Ouiser Boudreaux
16. Mr. Mom (1983), Jack Butler
17. The Man Who Knew Too Little (1997), Wallace Ritchie
18. Oscar (1991), Connie
19. Bridge of Spies (2015), Rudolph Abel
20. A Christmas Story (1983), Ralphie (as an adult)


4 comments:

  1. Aw man, that was tough! I got a score of 60%. �� I use the hot dog line whenever someone shushes me. But I'm usually met with awkward stares. Lol ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 60% sounds pretty good! I don't think I would score very high if I wasn't the one who posted it. haha

      Delete
  2. I got a few, You've Got Mail, The Simpsons, Uncle Buck. But I do remember some of them but couldn't place them - Steel Magnolias, Toy Story 2 and A Christmas Story. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had fun coming up with the list, and still keeping thinking of good quirky lines I could have used.

      Delete