Thursday, April 14, 2016

Look up here! Look up here!

Blogging from A to Z Challenge.
Theme: Making movie lines our own.


"Lookuphere! Look-up-here!"

¡Three Amigos! (1986)...

Lucky Day (Steve Martin), Dusty Bottoms (Chevy Chase), and Ned Nederlander (Martin Short), fired and stripped to their skivvies by a motion picture executive, attempt to steal their Amigo costumes from the studio.

In this comedic scene, Lucky attempts to get the attention of Dusty and Ned who wait below for his signal. He starts with whistling birdcalls. No response. Tries subtle bird sounds, caw, caw, caw. No response. Moves on to using words disguised as birdcalls, you-two, you..two..look ... haw... lookuphere, lookuphere, look-up-here! Until he finally shouts, "Hey you guys!"


Last summer we walked along a campus sidewalk with another couple (good friends who also love this movie). Us gals were several paces ahead, gabbing away. The guys, hungry and wanting to make lunch plans, tried to get our attention, but we were absorbed in our conversation. Finally, they resorted to caw caw... lookuphere, lookuphere, look-up-here! ... HEY YOU GUYS!

I love those friends. Together, we are the Four Amigos!

6 comments:

  1. I've never seen Three Amigos, but I can certainly relate to quoting movies with friends and family -- my daughter and a nephew crack us up with lines from the old Monty Python TV show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I've seen the TV show, buy I've watched Monty Python and the Holy Grail. The opening credits of that film make me laugh.

      Delete
  2. It's fun when your friends quote movie lines too. Delightful! One of our faves is "This is Walter!" - if we are holding a chicken bone. (from "The 'Burbs).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been years since I watched The 'Burbs! Now I want to see it again and think of you when I hear that line.

      Delete
  3. I always think of this movie when I sit down at my sewing machine. "Sew! Sew like the wind!" ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That movie has so many quotable lines. I think of "Sew like the wind!" whenever I need to hurry with a task!

      Delete