Monday, April 4, 2016

Come out and pound me!

Blogging from A to Z Challenge.
Theme: Making movie lines our own.



"Come out and pound me!"

Accidentally left behind while his family flies to France for Christmas (Home Alone, 1990), Kevin Mcallister (Macaulay Culkin) initially revels in his newfound freedom. Rifling through his brother's belongings, he shouts, "Buzz, I'm going through all your private stuff! You'd better come out and pound me!" 

Our family shortens it to "come pound me!" and we use it as a friendly tease...

My husband announces, "Honey, I'm eating the last muffin! Come pound me!"

I text my niece: I am at the beach in Florida. Come pound me!

Our son-in-law, in preparation for an upcoming move, started packing items the family won't use in the the next couple months. Trouble is, he doesn't always know what my daughter might need, causing her to search through boxes to find things. So, he started giving the "heads up" prior to packing sprees by hollering, "I'm packing stuff in the bedroom. If you don't want something boxed up, you better come tell me!"

She mentioned that it sounds similar to "you better come pound me" and now she hears...

"I'm in the kitchen packing! Come pound me!"
"I'm packing things in your craft room! Come pound me!"
"I'm boxing up your books! Come pound me!"

(I hope they don't mind me sharing that, but hey, come pound me!)

6 comments:

  1. OH that is so funny! I am going to start using that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear you are going to use it! It's catchy.

      Delete
  2. HA!! I loved that movie as a kid. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fun movie, huh! I watched it again, with my grandkids, last December. They love it too.

      Delete
  3. That movie was made in the north suburbs of Chicago, where I used to live. In fact, the church Kevin goes to and meets the scary neighbor was my grandfather's parish church. That was a great movie on all sorts of different levels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! That does make the movie extra great!

      Delete