Monday, February 4, 2013

Motivation: The will (and choice) to act.

I've been sick for two weeks. But that's not the worst part. The worst part is that I allowed negative thoughts to take up residency. My internal negative critic was kicking the snot out of me several days before I became sick, and then it took over full time.

Now I feel physically better but mentally beat up and need to oust the negativity. I searched for quotes that could help with motivation and these fit for me:

"The biggest wall you've gotta climb is the one you build in your mind, you don't need a hammer to knock it down, just the will to act."  (from Jonathan Fields', Good Life Project: Living Creed)

And somewhere in my surfing I came across this thought...

"It's your choice. Which do you want to do, criticize yourself or create?"

I want to create.

Today I will act... I will create.

No comments:

Post a Comment