Monday, January 7, 2013

"Block" Buster: Involve other imaginations.

"I always believe it's better to have 30 imaginations working on a project, rather than one imagination telling the other 29 what to do." ~Trevor Nunn

This particular quote refers to people working together on a project, but it made me think: When we feel a block in creativity, asking others for input can unleash a flow of ideas. We might not want to involve 29 other people, but even asking one person gives more ideas than what we can think of on our own. It's the two heads are better than one concept.

Remember when I posted about allowing ourselves an abundance of ideas before tossing any out?  (see: "Block" Buster: Allow abundance.)  I challenged myself to come up with 50 script choices for a screenwriting contest, and at the time I posted that, I thought I was nuts.

I was amazed when I actually achieved that goal.  And in reality, I surpassed it. How? Not only did I come up with the five ideas for each of the ten storyline suggestions, but I asked my husband for suggestions and he helped me think of things beyond what I'd already written down.

I selected one of my ideas for the storyline of my short script, and I plan to involve other imaginations too.

Want to share your ideas with me? Tell me what kinds of things/events/situations an angel might become addicted to (fun or serious).

2 comments:

  1. Devil's Food Cake! =)...Or maybe Angel's Food Cake? heehee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You made me laugh...good ideas! I added them to my list. I am gathering as many as I can before I make a choice, so if you think of any more, let me know.

      Delete