Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Reflecting on Hollywood movies...

One of my Facebook friends posted a link to an article titled "The Day the Movies Died" (by Mark Harris). Naturally, the title grabbed my attention, but since the article was not a "quick read," I waited until I had time to pour over it, which was yesterday.

Very interesting, well-written article. (Click on the highlighted link above if you want to read it.)

As I read about Hollywood sticking to what they consider guaranteed box-office draws, I reflected on the blog post I wrote a year ago: "Hints for watching movie re-makes."   For a review of that post, go here.

Reading the article also gave me ideas for several topics I might address over the next few blog posts:
  • My personal movie-going habits.  (Reasons why I sometimes choose to watch movies at home rather than the theater -- one reason being foul language.)
  • Why foul language bothers me.
  • My thoughts on edited films (such as in-flight movies).
  • My opinion of sequels.
  • And, how the Hollywood outlook on original screenplays affects me... a new screenwriter.
Stay tuned for upcoming posts! ♩Dun dun dunnnnnn.....   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment