Friday, May 27, 2011

I voted with my money -- twice!

In an earlier post (see: My movie viewing preferences.) I mentioned my need to support new release movies at the theater whenever I feel like it is quality and in good taste. Well, I've gone twice in May! Go me! I voted with my money (well...technically Kurt's hard earned money) for Soul Surfer (2011) and for Pirates Of The Caribbean: Stranger Tides (2011).

When Soul Surfer came out, I had no idea what it was about. It wasn't until I started hearing "thumbs up" reports from friends that I decided to see it. I'm not sure how long it had been playing by that time, but it was still at the new-release theater and not the "sticky shoe."

We wanted to see Pirates the first weekend it came out, but decided to avoid the crowds so we waited until Wednesday.

From what I understand, the success of a film is often determined by the numbers attending the weekend it hits the screen. Do I lose points for not attending the films during box office weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment