Saturday, January 10, 2009

Take (the movie)


Take (2007), starring Minnie Driver and Jeremy Renner. 


Inside every moment is a lifetime.

The writer/director (Charles Oliver) created a film that contains a strong message of revenge--as in those that seek revenge can become destroyed themselves--and forgiveness. The film contains no nudity, no profanity, and minimal violence. However, the movie is very intense and at times disturbing. Oliver did a superb job in creating tension and anxiety through the use of space, color, and setting.

Charles Oliver spoke to a group of film students at the University of Utah. I was privileged to be there. He explained that an approved PG-13 version was showing at the cinema that weekend, so I took advantage of the opportunity to see it.

WOW! Now that is the type of movie I am talking about when I say "quality film." It carries a great message in a powerful way. I rarely cry while watching movies, but rivulets of tears streamed down my cheeks during this one. It yanked emotions out of me, and left an impact. I think it is the best movie I have seen in a long, long time.  

Trailer: Take (2007)

1 comment: