Monday, August 13, 2018

Opportunities for growth.

Monday: Dialogue, Lines, or Quotes

Challenges, difficulties in life, give opportunities for growth. We have divine attributes (humility, charity, compassion, hope, faith...) that stay dormant when we don't use them. Consider patience for example. If I pray for patience, I can expect to have situations arise to sorely vex me. This is not due to God's sense of humor (which He does have, by the way). This is because I already have the attribute but it's weak from lack of use, so when I pray for patience I'm given opportunities to exercise it.

When life throws a curveball, perhaps it's time for one of my dormant attributes to step up to the plate, so to speak.

Consider the following dialogue from The Miracle Season (2018) (based on a true story)...

Grief nearly destroys a high school volleyball team after their captain (Caroline "Line" Found) dies in a tragic accident. In this scene, Kelley (Line's best friend) and her mother converse.

KELLEY (Erin Moriarty)
Brez thinks that people are looking to me to keep the team going.

MOTHER (Carolyn Adair)
Well, what do you think?

KELLEY
I think that Line could do it if it was her, but I'm not as strong as her.

MOTHER
Line brought out your inner strength. She really did. But, remember, you can't bring out something that isn't already there.

Have you faced a challenge and discovered strength or other attributes deep within?


(Click here for my review of this film.)

No comments:

Post a Comment