Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Kiss off, casting couch!

The other day while traveling on the freeway, I remembered I needed to get limes for a smoothie recipe.  Needing a safe way to add it to my grocery list, I decided to try using Siri, for the first time, on my new smart phone.

I fumbled around (while keeping my eyes on the road) to find what I thought was the Siri microphone and spoke aloud, “Make a note to get limes.”

Nothing happened.

I glanced at my screen and saw an inquiry.  Did I want to search Safari or Wikipedia for the following:  Making out to get lines.

Uh.  No.  I was certain that particular search would direct me to the “casting couch.”
What the heck, Smart Phone, what kind of girl do you think I am?  I abhor the casting couch. No one should expect, require, or give sexual favors for any job or role in the film (or any) industry.  I have never resorted to the casting couch for an acting part, and certainly won't make out for a speaking role or lines.

However... I must confess... I gave my smart phone affectionate kisses this morning after I successfully negotiated a function with Siri!

No comments:

Post a Comment