Friday, June 17, 2011

I actually purchased a DVD!

Okay, the title to this post probably sounds pretty lame to most people. I rarely purchase DVDs, partially because technology changes and I don't want stuck with a bunch of outdated DVDs... like the sorry old VHS collection. Another reason I rarely purchase DVDs is because I'm not one to watch the same movie over and over and over again. If a movie tickles my funny bone, or seems like a classic, then I might buy it.

Well, last night I was in Target and walked by a display of DVDs on sale for $4.75. I usually don't pay attention because often for that price the film is a real snoozer, but for some reason I stopped and looked at the titles.

And there, lo and behold, was a favorite movie: What About Bob (1991). I grabbed it and put it in the cart.

When I told my husband I purchased a DVD, he was shocked. Then when he learned the title, he was thrilled. It's a cult classic at our house, and we quote from it often. Even during our vacation, we used one of the lines, "I'm saaiilling!" (Bob...as he's literally tied to the mast of a sail boat.) And any good meal at our house brings lots of moaning pleasure just like Bob as he enjoys a meal with Dr. Marvin's family.

Yep...What About Bob... a steal for $4.75!

No comments:

Post a Comment