Friday, July 27, 2012

Comic Relief!: There are two types of people.

We're going to a Neil Diamond concert and I keep thinking of the following scene from What About Bob? (1991).  

Bob Wiley (Bill Murray) meets with Dr. Leo Marvin (Richard Dreyfuss), a psychiatrist, for the first time.  His previous doctor nearly went bonkers, and eagerly passed Bob on to Leo, an egotistical colleague.

DR. MARVIN
Are you married?

BOB WILEY
I'm divorced

DR. MARVIN
Would you like to talk about that?

BOB WILEY
There are two types of people in this
world: Those who like Neil Diamond, and
those who don't.  My ex-wife loves him.

DR. MARVIN
I see.  So, what you're saying is that
even though you are an almost-paralyzed,
multi-phobic personality who is in a 
constant state of panic, your wife did
not leave you, you left her because
she... liked Neil Diamond?

Whew.  Thankfully, Kurt and I both like Neil Diamond.

2 comments:

  1. I'm gonna have to watch that movie again. The beauty of getting older is that all movies seen previously are like new to me! I do not remember this scene! LOL!

    Hope the concert is wonderful. I'm not a Neil Diamond fan but my hubby sure is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, you made me laugh! So true... about some movies being like new when we re-watch them.

      Neil Diamond put on a fantastic concert. Thoroughly enjoyed it. And I was pleased that there were so many younger folk in attendance, rocking out along with us oldies!

      Delete