Sunday, February 15, 2009

Working on Films


Some people have asked if I have worked on any films.  Yes.  I worked as Production Assistant for two Independent Films.  My first experience as PA was for a feature length film titled MISA.  My next experience was on a short film titled FORGIVE ME, FATHER*.  

Did I receive any payment for working as a PA?  Yes, and no....  

For MISA, I received a small paycheck, which I have not cashed to this day.  I cannot bring myself to do it!  My first pay, working in the film industry!   It's on my bulletin board--serving as seed money, I guess.

For FORGIVE ME, FATHER* I signed a form donating my salary to the non-profit film company (Foursite Films).  I can deduct the salary amount as a charitable contribution.

*NOTE:  When the film was complete, the name was changed to FATHER FORGIVE ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment