Monday, January 16, 2012

Images in motion.

While viewing the trailer for War Horse (2011) I literally had goosebumps on my arms. I think it was the first time I consciously decided to see a film based solely on the cinematography. The images in motion on the screen--the angles and composition of the shots--touched me deeply like beautiful music.

Some people walk through a museum and feel moved by the art. When I go to a museum I'm moved by my aching legs. Static art makes me think, and pleases my eye, but rarely touches my soul. Put a beautiful image in motion, however, and it rouses my senses and raises goosebumps. Add music to the moving images and my senses soar.

Last week I saw War Horse at a local Megaplex, and even though my decision to see the film was based on wanting to see the cinematography, I was pleased with the story too. Shoot, I didn't stand a chance. The magnificent moving images combined with a compelling story and soundtrack, the film brought me to tears.

Yep, I was one goosbumpy teary-eyed theater patron. And not once were my senses assaulted with vulgarity.

I want more films like that.

2 comments:

  1. Hooray! I'm glad that you ended up liking the movie. I saw that it was up for some awards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a movie that should definitely been seen at the theater.

    ReplyDelete