Monday, February 19, 2018

We can change how we see.

Monday: Dialogue, Lines, or Quotes

I am a fan of the book and the movie Wonder (2017). I read the book last November (even purchased a copy), watched the movie in December, and highlighted it in a blog post here. So when ClearPlay recently asked if I would be interested in writing a review for Wonder, I excitedly responded Yes!

Reflecting on the movie again, I want to share a profound line of dialogue from the school principal (Mandy Patinkin).
MR. TUSHMAN
Auggie can't change how he looks. Maybe we should change how we see.
So true, Mr. Tushman, so true!

I also loved what Mr. Tushman said during his "middle-school address" (found in the book, not the movie):
If every single person in this room made it a rule that wherever you are, whenever you can, you will try to act a little kinder than is necessary--the world really would be a better place. And if you do this, if you act just a little kinder than is necessary, someone else, somewhere, someday, may recognize in you, in every single one of you, the face of God.
Change how I see, and act a little kinder than is necessary. I can do that.

(Click here for my review of the film.)

(For a full list of my ClearPlay reviews, click on the tab above or click here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment