Reel Focus kicks off a monthly video challenge. Make a short video using the prompts posted on here, and submit it by the end of the month.
Short on time? Choose a prompt for a future month and shoot for that!
(These are random, pulled out of a box.)
May (Deadline: May 31, 2015)
June (Deadline: June 30, 2015)
A plot or subject of your choosing, but must end with the dialogue: "And that's how it happened."
July Deadline: (July 31, 2015)
Character: bus driver
- Include the prompts for the month you are submitting. When given a prompt for character, location, and prop, they do not need to appear together or throughout the entire video, but must be included at some point.
- Submissions must be for general audience. Avoid vulgar language or gestures. No nudity, sex, or extreme violence.
- You retain the rights to your video, but by submitting it to Reel Focus Video Challenge you give permission to share the video on this blog.
- Videos must be at least 1 minute but no longer than 3.
- Avoid use of copyrighted songs or images. Stock footage is okay as long as you have permission or the right to use it (and please include that information in the credits).
- Upload your video to youtube, and keep it unlisted until after it posts on this blog.
Have fun! Be creative!
To submit a video:
- Send a link to your video in an email to email@example.com
- subject line : (month) Video Challenge
- please include (this will be shared when the video posts to this blog)
- first name
- general area where you live (state or region, for instance)
- a tagline for the video (or a brief synopsis)
Videos will be posted a few days after the submission deadline, allowing me time to view them prior to posting. (If a video does not follow the guidelines, it will not be posted.)
Did I overlook anything? Post questions in the comments section.