Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Food in Film: Donuts

Blogging from A to Z Challenge

Food addict and connoisseur of tasteful films reviews Food in Film, starring...

Donuts

I used to have a t-shirt emblazoned with, "Start every morning with a smile and a donut... the smile is optional."

My mom made dreamy donuts, and I welcomed the task of shaking the deep-fried treasures inside a sugar-ladened brown paper bag. Iced donuts were my favorite, though, especially with maple-flavored icing.

As a sugarholic in recovery it's been 16 years since I've had any such pastry, yet it's oddly satisfying to see Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.) perched inside a giant donut, binging on donuts. He is, after all, only human.

NICK FURY (Samuel L. Jackson)
Sir, I'm gonna have to ask you to exit the donut.

Scene: Tony Stark's donut binge (Iron Man 2, 2010)

If I ever reach a point where I can truly love (instead of abuse) such foods, maybe I can get a shirt emblazoned with, "Start every morning with a donut and a smile... the donut is optional."

13 comments:

  1. You gotta love Stark's "I do what I want" attidtude... this scene is a great example of it. :)

    Spectres & Stardust - D is for Dandelion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fortunately, donuts are something I can resist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, Denise. I never cared for donuts. Now cookies... *drool*

      Delete
    2. There were times I wished I was born with the donut-resistance gene, but thankfully I can resist them now. Whew.

      Delete
  3. I have fond memories of visiting Krispy Kreme where you could get the glazed donuts hot off the machines. OMG--that was heaven. I try to stay away from that stuff these days.

    D is for Denver Airport: Alien Circus Reptiles Stole Your Luggage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember the first time I visited a Krispy Kreme. It was fascinating to watch the donuts being made!

      Delete
  4. you are speaking my language. dessert breads. donuts . . . yum! my mom and i used to make our own. we would totally have 8 dozen or more and give them to people. glazing was an interesting experience to say the least.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet the recipients of your homemade donuts were excited to receive such a tasty gift! Yum!

      Delete
    2. yep! that is if the didn't get eaten. heh heh heh!

      Delete
  5. I love Ironman and donuts. Perfect combo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Donuts...we love donuts! I love that even our dog, who got a donut chew toy for Christmas--has eaten the "frosting" off the top. 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's funny. The dog knows a good thing when she sees it!

      Delete