Friday, October 20, 2017

I love to laugh.

Friday: Comic Relief

I recently read two books by Dick Van Dyke (listed below) and shared a quote in Monday's post. I enjoy his humor and appreciate his work. The Dick Van Dyke Show is one of my favorites of all time.

Early in his career, Dick decided to never be a part of a project he couldn't watch with the kids. I wish more actors and comedians would hold to that standard.

Dick tells about how Walt Disney "read an interview in which I stated my intention to stick to family movies. He liked that. He thought it made me perfect for his type of Disney movies -- and specifically for the one he was about to start working on, Mary Poppins." 

And thus he became Bert the chimney sweep.

I love to laugh, so, not surprisingly, this is one of my favorite scenes from the movie.

Mary Poppins (1964), I Love to Laugh 


The books I read by Dick Van Dyke:
Keep Moving - and Other Tips and Truths About Aging
My Lucky Life In and Out of Show Business


No comments:

Post a Comment