Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Whoa. Is my hair out?

Blogging from A to Z Challenge.
Theme: Making movie lines our own.


"Whoa. Is my hair out?"

Fire burns atop Hade's head in Hercules (1997). In one scene, Hades (voice of James Woods) shouts orders, "Guys! Get your Titanic rears in gear and kick some Olympian butt!" As he shouts, Pegasus flies up behind him and blows the blue flame out. Hades reaches up to his bare scalp, asking, "Whoa. Is my hair out?"

One night our family ate at Subway where my husband had a sandwich with extra jalapeƱos causing his head to sweat. Afterwards, as we walked to the car, a streetlight cast him in silhouette allowing us to see the heat vapors rising from his bald head!

When the kids and I explained our laughter, he looked at his reflection in the car window and quipped, "Whoa. Is my hair out?"




4 comments:

  1. I haven't been on BlogSpot for so long. I am sorry I've been this series A to Z but I promise I'll be going back and reading your entries. Love love LOVE movie lines! What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan! Good to hear from you! I miss your blog posts and hope you'll be back to blogging soon.

      Delete
  2. Funny! It's cool how we can relate movie lines to our everyday lives! Great theme, Trudy. I'm hooked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This theme was lots of fun for me. I almost didn't do A to Z this year because the theme I had been working on for months still wasn't ready (required far more research than I realized). Then I thought of this theme after the challenge had started and since it wasn't too late to join (one or two days into it) my husband encouraged me to jump in. Glad he did.

      Delete