Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Villainous lines.

Blogging from A to Z Challenge.
Theme: Making movie lines our own.


Villainous Lines

Sometimes we want perpetually smooth lives, but a good story needs an antagonist--someone (or something) that gets in the way of the of the protagonist's goal. Villains play a vital role in films, mwahaha, and although I usually don't make their lines my own, they often have memorable dialogue:

(In alphabetical order)

Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)...
(Click here for "My Take")


ULTRON (James Spader)
I know you're good people.
I know you mean well.
But you just didn't think it through.
There is only one path to peace...
your extinction.


Batman (1989)


THE JOKER (Jack Nicholson)
Ever danced with the Devil
in the pale moonlight?


Batman Returns (1992)...

PENGUIN (Danny DeVito)
They wouldn't put me on a pedestal, 
so I'm layin' 'em on a slab!



YZMA (voice of Eartha Kitt)
I'll turn him into a flea, a harmless
little flea, and then I'll put that flea
in a box, and then I'll put that box 
inside another box, and then I'll
mail that box to myself, and
when it arrives...
(laughs)
...I'll smash it with a hammer!
It's brilliant, brilliant, brilliant,
I tell you! Genius I say!...
...Or, to save on postage, I'll just
poison him with this.


The Help (2011)...

Hilly Holbrook (Bryce Dallas Howard)
I specifically said, "Drop old coats
at my house", not commodes!


The Incredibles (2004)...

SYNDROME (Jason Lee)
Oh, ho ho! You sly dog!
You got me monologuing!
I can't believe it...


JAVERT (Russell Crowe)
And I'm Javert! Do not forget
my name. Do not forget me, 24601.


Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001)...


SARUMAN (Christopher Lee)
Hunt them down. Do not stop
until they are found. You do not
know pain, you do not know fear.
You will taste man-flesh.



SHERIFF OF NOTTINGHAM (Alan Rickman)
Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers
and orphans, no more merciful
beheadings, and call off Christmas.


¡Three Amigos! (1986)...


EL GUAPO (Alfonso Arau)
Well, you told me I have a plethora.
And I just would like to know if you
know what a plethora is. I would not
like to think that a person would tell
someone he has a plethora, and then
find out that that person has "no idea"
what it means to have a plethora.

4 comments:

  1. Ah, The Incredibles, one of my favorites, and Alan Rickman as the Sheriff of Nottingham. He was such a good villain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alan Rickman also made a good villain in Quigley Down Under. Maybe too good... it's hard for me to see him in anything other than a villain role.

      Delete
  2. Ah, yes. The hero is of little worth without a villain. Who can forget the performance by Heath Ledger as Joker, or Robert Patrick in Terminator 2, Hugo Weaving (Matrix series) and so many more. Being a screenwriter must be fun. :)
    [@samantha_rjsdr] from
    Whimsical Compass

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a confession. I have not seen The Dark Knight with Heath Ledger. I somehow missed it when it was in the theaters. Then, after he died, I couldn't bring myself to see the movie. Maybe someday...

      Delete