Monday, April 18, 2016

Oooo... Do it again.

Blogging from A to Z Challenge.
Theme: Making movie lines our own.



"Oooo... Do it again!"
The Lion King (1994):

Banzai (voice of Cheech Marin), Shenzi (voice of Whoopi Goldberg), and Ed (voice of Jim Cummings), give some great laughter, as well they should since they are, after all, hyenas.

I get a kick out of this scene. The hyenas grumble about lions, until they hear a lion speak, "Oh, surely we lions aren't all that bad."

They get nervous, thinking it's Mufasa, but then realize...


BANZAI
Oh, Scar, it's just you.

SHENZI
We were afraid it was somebody important.

BANZAI
Yeah, you know, like Mufasa.

SHENZI

Yah.

SCAR
I see.

BANZAI
Now that's power.

SHENZI
Tell me about it. I just hear
that name and I shudder.

BANZAI
Mufasa!

SHENZI
(shudders)
Oooo... Do it again!

BANZAI
Mufasa!

SHENZI
(shudders again)
Ooooo.

BANZAI
Mufasa, Mufasa, Mufasa!

SHENZI
Oooo...ooo....it tingles!

(They break into laughter.)

When we reach the end of a roller coaster ride, we holler, "Oooo... Do it again!" and hurry back in line for another go.

It also comes up when I tell a story, making funny gestures and sound effects.  My family laughs, "Oooo... Do it again!"

Sometimes I oblige and repeat the funny part which results in more shuddering "Ooooo... ooo."

And, like the hyenas, we burst out laughing.

It's difficult to describe the shuddering "Oooo."
If you are unfamiliar with the scene, this clip will help!

12 comments:

  1. Great story and insight, including your family and things they enjoy. I love "The Lion King." Such great characters and dialogue. Found you through the A to Z Challenge. www.dianeweidenbenner.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!

      I agree, The Lion King has wonderful moments. I might need to break down and purchase a digital copy… we have it on VHS and it's nearly worn out.

      Delete
  2. Depends on the roller coaster. I once rode one that went upside down 6 times in less than two minutes and I never want to do that again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now, see, that's the kind of roller coaster that makes us hurry back in line! The more loops and lunges the more fun!

      But… the old fashioned wooden roller coasters scare me half to death. I'm white-knuckled the entire time on those things.

      Delete
  3. I once threw up macaroni salad on a roller coaster ride.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for your roller coaster misery, but you made me laugh. The image of regurgitated macaroni salad… Hope the other riders didn't get splattered.

      Delete
  4. That was a great scene! Have not seen the Lion King in years now that I think about it.

    --
    Tim Brannan, The Other Side Blog
    2015 A to Z of Adventure!
    http://theotherside.timsbrannan.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tim, thanks for stopping by! Sounds like it's time to watch The Lion King again.

      Delete
  5. Lovely line. I particularly enjoyed it when my youngest daughter was a hyena in her school's adaptation of Lion King.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a fun part to play! Did she enjoy it?

      Delete
  6. I love The Lion King! Your hyena story is delightful. We've been saying "do it again" for years, but I never related it to this movie. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Now you can give The Lion King credit!

      Delete