An on-line article (7 must-see summer 2015 movies for every family) ranked the movie titles listed below. Most of them sound fun!
- Inside Out ◆ My six-year-old granddaughter talked about this movie for months before it finally released. She saw it last weekend and loved it, as did her parents and younger siblings. Animated emotions. I lived it during menopause, but still want to see the film.
- Shaun the Sheep ◆ What??? This is coming to the big screen! My grandchildren introduced me to the clever TV show, and I look forward to the movie releasing in August.
- Batkid Begins ◆ A documentary slated to hit the theaters this weekend. Not sure how I missed the news about San Francisco becoming Gotham City to grant a wish to a 5-year-old with cancer, Miles Scott, who wanted to be Batman for a day.
- Minions ◆ Another animated film I look forward to! This one releases in July. I get a kick out of the minions in Despicable Me and Despicable Me 2, however, a different screenwriter wrote Minions, so hopefully the characters remain lovable.
- Paper Towns ◆ A mystery flick fit for teens due out July 24. The story sounds interesting, but I will wait for more information on content before deciding if it's a must-see for me.
- The Man from U.N.C.L.E. ◆ I'm interested in the movie, for sure, since I used to watch the TV series years ago… but, again…I await more information on the film content.
- Jurassic World ◆ This one already opened, but it doesn't interest me. I posted about how the characters in Jurassic Park should say "no" to going again. (Nooooo! Say "no" to these things!) Well, I say "no" to seeing yet another Jurassic movie.
I added most of these movies to my busy summer plans. Laughing in an air conditioned theater sounds like a fun way to beat the heat.