That's right...Alfred Hitchcock. Not the typical name associated with comedy, but some of his quotes make me chuckle:
- The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder.
- Disney has the best casting. If he doesn't like an actor he just tears him up.
- I am a typed director. If I made Cinderella, the audience would immediately be looking for a body in the coach.
- Television is like the invention of indoor plumbing. It didn't change people's habits. It just kept them inside the house.
- When an actor comes to me and wants to discuss his character, I say, "It's in the script." If he says, "But what's my motivation?," I say, "Your salary."