Last week I had the wonderful privilege of being an extra for the movie Christmas Oranges. I think I'm still floating on the awesomeness of the experience, which included:
- Having wardrobe dress me in a beautiful period costume for my role as a "Benefactress."
- Having a professional do my make-up while I chatted with the daughter of Edward Herrmann. (She was also an extra in the same scene.)
- Filming a scene with Edward Herrmann, the other extras (Benefactors/Benefactresses), and a cast of talented young actors (the orphans).
- Meeting Linda Bethers (also a Benefactress), the author of the book (by the same title).
- Hanging out with Sally Meyer, who wrote the screenplay. (She wrote Life According to Penny... I shared the clip in my post: Success for my friend and mentor!) I could gush some more about her accomplishments, but I will hold back since I hope she will write a guest post after she's done with filming, and catches up on some much needed sleep!
Here's a picture of me, taken with my phone. To see some delightful pictures of the cast (taken by Sally!), click on the Christmas Oranges link provided above.
|I was thrilled with the dress they selected for me. |
How did they know it's one of my favorite colors?