Monday, May 28, 2012

Motivation: Pay the Price

"I have no shrewd advice to offer developing writers about this business of snatching time and space to work. I do not have anything profound to offer mother-writers or worker-writers except to say that it will cost you something. Anything of value is going to cost you something."  (Toni Cade Bambara)

Anything of value is going to cost you something. As I've contemplated that phrase I've come to realize that everything comes with a price whether it's of value or not. I can choose to pay the price for writing time (neglected chores, lack of social time, loss of sleep) or I can choose to pay the price for not making time to write (frustration, resentment, loss of dreams).

Whether I write or not, I will pay a price.

What price are you willing to pay to follow your dream? What price will you pay if you don't?

No comments:

Post a Comment