Monday, May 16, 2011

Wow, I actually made the cut!

A couple years ago I was an extra in a movie titled My Girlfriend's Boyfriend, and I wondered if I might end up on the cutting room floor. (See the blog post about my experience as an extra.)

Recently, my daughter called me, "Mom, you're famous! I saw you in that movie!" Turned out she watched it on Netflix, not realizing it was the film where I was an extra. Gradually, as she recognized it was filmed locally, she put two and two together, so by the time the wedding scene came along, she was watching for me.

I finally had the opportunity to see the film this weekend (which I thoroughly enjoyed, by the way) and there I was... in the crowd of wedding guests at the end. Wow. How about that.

Where's my trailer? Where's my basket of goodies? Where's my make-up and hair person? Sheesh! Can't a star get decent help around here?


I'd like to thank my family for their support and encouragement, and I'd like to thank my manager (if I had one), and I'd like to thank my friend and former screenwriting classmate, Matt Taylor (check out his awesome Raccoon Toons... be sure to read his blog entry for the comic too).

Anyhoooo, Matt worked as an intern on the film crew, and he's the one that gave me the information on how I could be an extra (ahem..."background talent") for the movie, and spend a majority of the day in a holding pen... in the heat... with no compensation... and no credit. Thanks A LOT Matt!  

No. Seriously. Let's do lunch. I'll have my people call your people.


No comments:

Post a Comment